10 Reasons to Choose a Universal Lead Capture App Instead of a Custom Built Lead Capture App
Since going to market with Captello in 2019, we’ve learned a lot. We saw several enterprises switch from using custom built lead capture apps to our off-the-shelf solution.
Here are 10 reasons why a universal lead capture app will serve you better than custom built apps:
- Instant turnaround time for changes. Custom built apps require time-consuming new “builds”. Apps that need updates in the app stores can usually be released within a matter of hours. Not to mention, universal lead capture apps are easier to distribute. Anyone with a smartphone can download apps directly from the app store vs. requesting new builds and obtaining apps via other unfamiliar methods discouraged by most enterprises.
- Better integrations. Custom built apps will need to manually develop each integration with CRMs and marketing automation platforms. A universal lead capture app will have pre-built integrations and a library of modules/integrations to choose from. Take us for example, we have over 2,000 ready-made integrations to plug-in.
- Satisfied users. Whipping together custom apps won’t typically take user experience in mind as the app is built for you and wasn’t battle tested. A universal lead capture app is sure to impress your team as you’ll get a solution that has incorporated feedback from thousands of users.
- Broader usage and adoption. Custom built apps are usually targeted to a single platform, such as iOS. SaaS-based businesses focus on broad support across iOS, Android, and Windows, resulting in broader adoption across an organization.
- Stronger security. If you’ve got a security and/or privacy team within your company they’ll be sweating bullets knowing a custom app is entering the workplace. Has the app been pen tested? Has there been vulnerability scans? How many security holes are there that an attacker could exploit? More secure as apps are vetted and approved in app stores vs. distributed through back channels.
- More control. Universal lead capture apps are usually self-service, putting exhibit managers, instead of the development shop, in direct control of their solution. When you need to make configuration changes, add new questions, share content, etc. would you rather go to the development company and face exorbitant fees or login to a web admin to make instant changes without additional costs?
- Less expensive. We just hinted at this; however, it deserves its own callout. Some of the clients that have moved to us instead of the app created by an exhibit house saved over $250,000. Universal lead capture apps are configurable via a browser without involving support or development teams resulting in lower overhead and total cost of ownership.
- More options. SaaS-based solutions benefit from improvements driven by an entire customer-base, vs. requests originating from only one company. For example, we have over 100 features in our platform. Our customers have helped us build the app. We just execute on their feedback. Fortunately for you, you get to benefit from everyone else’s input over the years.
- More focus and resources. Custom built apps are usually an ancillary part of a providers solution. For example, an exhibit house doesn’t focus maniacally on lead capture as part of their offering. It’s a necessary component they’ve got to include in their package. Their core competencies are not software development. SaaS-based companies have large software development teams resulting in obsessive focus on the best software experience possible.
- Predictable budget. When you buy a commercial app, you can expect the company that provides the app to give you support and maintenance included with your license fees. You won’t be surprised by crazy-high prices from custom dev houses when you need additional functionality, it’s likely already in the app!
Captello provides cloud-based marketing and sales automation solutions that help businesses worldwide attract, convert and close leads.
Lead capture enthusiasts, such as trade show coordinators, retail marketers, and event marketers directly benefit from improved lead retrieval workflow, in particular, being able to send marketing qualified leads to an endless array of CRM and marketing automation platforms. The solution empowers enthusiasts to do their job better by effectively measuring results, capturing crucial sales insights, and supercharging their organization with a seamless lead flow process from capture to close.